If you are interested in taking your barbecue to the next level please read the following. The Hunsaker Vortex Drum Smoker was invented by Mark Hunsaker to create mouth watering barbecue for backyard cooks and for barbecue competitors. Our smokers can be found in every State, Canada, Australia, New Zealand. and Europe.
Every Hunsaker Vortex Smoker comes standard with:
- Vortex fire charcoal basket helps mix the air inside the smoker which reduces hot spots giving you the perfect environment for producing awesome barbecue. The vortex fire basket holds charcoal, has a built in ash plate, and a vortex plate to help mix the hot air. The vortex plate also acts as a heat deflector reducing the chance of burning what you're smoking. Patented.
- Bottom, center air intake allows for fresh air to be controlled by a simple foot operated lever. The air intake has 3 positions, start, run, and stop. The bottom air intake design is proprietary to Hunsaker Smokers and allows for proper air control in all conditions including winds and cold temperatures.
- Pressed grease flange prevents grease from coming out while cooking. To clean the grease out simply scrap grease and gunk to a shallow pan that is placed underneath the smoker.
- High temperature finish
- Color choices of gloss red, gloss black, gloss blue, and flat black.
- High quality locking front caster keeps the smoker from rolling away. Made out of metal and high quality polymers.
- Large 8" rear wheels allows you to move your smoker on almost any terrain. Don't let gravel or a grassy slope stop you from moving your smoker anymore!
- A wide wheelbase for stability on most terrains. Rear wheels extend outside the body of the smoker providing a stable base.
- Only weighs around 110 pounds means you don't have to manhandle your smoker anymore. Since the smoker has large wheels simply roll it around and save your back.
- Adjustable cooking rack system gives you 5 cooking height options. Our unique system makes changing cooking height easy without needing to angle your food grate.
- Floating hinged lid lets you raise and lower the lid without taking it off. Now you no longer have to find a place to set your lid or worry about damaging the paint by setting the lid on the edge of the smoker. Lid includes a lock for the times you want to keep the lid up. The design keeps the lid perfectly aligned for easy thermometer readings, proper air seal, and air exhaust adjustments. Patented.
- Thermometer placement is located in the exhaust tube keeping it away from potential damage and allowing you to get a temperature reading without stooping down.
- CNC cut parts ensure a tight fit and precise, uniform looking parts.
- Stainless steel food grate. We build our food grates out of heavy gauge 304 stainless steel wire. We guarantee that your stainless steel food grate will hold up.
- Smooth sided drum helps maintain a clean look. We only use brand new drums that have no lining or paint on them. The drums are made out of heavy 16 gauge steel.
- Stainless steel exterior parts on most models. Exterior parts are made out of quality 304 stainless steel for a maintenance free life.
- Customer service is handled by the Hunsaker family. If you call 573-554-4368 you will talk with a Hunsaker. We don't hand off customer support and you won't be on hold. We usually answer the phone when it rings and if we can't we will call you back.
- Smoker is made in USA. Most parts are made at our shop in Columbia, MO.
If you are ready to check out the smokers feel free to click this link. We also sell through great BBQ Retailers Nationwide and in Europe. If you have any questions feel free to call us at (573) 554-4368